Planned activities for this kick-off meeting include…
- To network and share current research work on S. aureus in Africa;
- To plan a training course/programme on laboratory identification, antibiotic susceptibility testing, sequencing and bioinformatics analysis of S. aureus in Africa;
- To plan a retrospective study on the molecular epidemiology of S. aureus in Africa based on existing human and animal isolate collections;
- To plan the prospective surveillance study of S. aureus in Africa using whole-genome sequencing (WGS);
- To identify funding opportunities and develop funding applications to support the Staphrica/ AfriStaphnet Network projects; and
- To write a report/paper based on the discussions at the workshop.